Monday, June 1, 2009

Easton Synergy Plus Brett Helmer




This is my review of the Easton Synergy Plus, Brett Helmer edition 28oz. I personally purchased this bat in winter of 2008. I first started swinging thsi bat in the batting cages with actual softballs that same winter. After about 100 swings I then had it rolled. Once the season began I used it as my batting practice bat for the 1st half of the season. BP consisted of about 15-20 swings 3 times a week. By the time August '08 had rolled around the bat was finally ready for games. I still use this bat as my tournament bat of choice. Ever since the end of August '08 and now the beginning of the new '09 season and it is ridiculous hot. It has just now begun to get a rattle, but shows no signs of cracking or spiderwebbing whatsoever.

Overall I rate this bat as an A-. It has great duarability, weight distribution, and a huge sweet spot. The only problem I have with this bat is that it takes so long to get hot. I would say 350-400 swings. If you are a softball fanatic this bat goes great with anyones collection.
Grading Scale: Line Drives: 10
Distance: 9.5
Feel: 10
Sweet Spot: 9
Sound: 10
Durability: 10
Appearance: 8
Factory Specs: CNT Carbon Nanotube technology and Patented IMX - Integrated MatriX technology strengthens composite structures, optimizing designs and materials for maximum performance
Patented Extended Flex design lengthens the sweet spot by increasing the barrel flex towards the contour and end of the bat to provide maximum performance along the entire length of the barrel
12" Barrel design with endload for increased power
Hottest 100+ MPH performance
Easton Brett Helmer Softball Bat Signature Series Model
Ultra-thin 29/32" handle with Pro-Tack cushioned grip
Does not comply with current ASA Bat Performance Standards
Does comply with all other major softball association Bat Performance Standards in effect as of January 1, 2007 USSSA, NSA, ISA, SSUSA and ISF
Exclusive 400 Day Warranty.
Sizes: 34in./26oz., 34in./27oz., 34in./28oz., 34in./30oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment